Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Stripz

The new Winter 2010 Quilts and More magazine jumped onto the counter at the grocery store the other day.  I couldn't stop it, even though Grant asked "You don't have enough quilting magazines already?"  There were several quilts I loved, but particularly the cover quilt called Line Art, using precut strips.  It inspired me to pull out the jelly roll I bought at Tuesday Morning last month, called Stripz, which I previously had promised to show when I opened it.
 
I sorted and counted and there are 50 strips of six different fabrics cut 2.5 x WOF.

Pretty cute bug and butterfly fabrics.   The quality seems fine.

The Line Art pattern calls for 37 strips for the quilt and 7 for the binding.  I'd have more than plenty to play with.  The alternate setting shown in the magazine with a planned zig zag was my favorite.  This generous jelly roll was a bargain at $14.99 and will make a great kid's quilt.

6 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

LOL My DH always asks that too! Men are so funny! :) I haven't seen any jelly rolls at Tuesday Morning~ thanks for the head's up! Have a happy day!

Quilter Kathy said...

Uh oh...you started a new project! You have the same problem as I do! LOL

Shay said...

I love strips for quick and easy quilts. I got a book recently about how to make those strips look like something other than strips in a quilt. Naturally that's a project for next year since it doesnt look like I'm going to clear my WIP's this year.

I love the fabric colours /designs from your roll!

Lori said...

What fun prints! I can't wait to see more!!

Vivian said...

The quilt on the magazine cover looks cute as can be--each strip featured and easy to see and enjoy. Looks like the perfect project for that adorable jelly roll. And the price is right.

julieQ said...

Don't you just love strips of any kind? I have saved a bunch of different widths...maybe someday I will get them all in quilts!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...