- Airports are such great places to people watch. However, I have to remember to keep my face neutral! Erica caught me agape at a totally mismatched couple of employees at the Phoenix airport who luckily were too busy holding hands to notice me embarrassing myself.
- There were so few passengers in both airports on Tuesday night that the employees were all sitting around talking. Everywhere.
- My big sewing plans for last weekend petered out when I allowed the big job of Erica's quilt to paralyze me and instead spent way too much time trying to find a pattern on a list of quilts I wanted to make and had lost track of the magazine. I didn't find the magazine and I didn't work on Erica's quilt. Bad quilter, bad!
- Traffic rant: Driving to the airport, we were first behind a van whose driver had the dome light on and was searching for something on the floor, to the detriment of their highway driving capabilities (there was a lot of course correcting). Then on the freeway we passed a sedan whose dome light was on as well, but this driver was holding a cup of soup with one hand and eating with the other. I hesitate only slightly to mention that both of these drivers were men. Note to moron males: PULL OVER!
- I mentioned yesterday to my co-workers that I am now published: the free-pieced word I made for Tonya was put into a quilt that graces the cover of her new book. My work friend Pat quipped that I was starting at the bottom of the publishing world--with just ONE word! Pretty funny. (My word is SOAR).
- Brunch is a great option for a birthday get together, I found. Especially an all you can eat buffet that includes an omelet bar and a waffle bar. And the lighting is good for photos without flash:
Elaine and Erica (l to r).
- Sometimes Tuesdays are the busiest and worst day. But it's hard to say "What a week!" that early in the week.
- Thanksgiving is coming up way too fast. We'll have 18 at our house this year but no little kids. So do I still have to make jello?