- Short Sock Syndrome. It's a serious condition whereby manufacturers feel that women do not need to cover more than their ankles yet still have to pay the same price as men's trouser socks that come up to the calf. It's a conspiracy. Being tall, I am often subject to this discrimination and I protest!(simulated dumping tea sound here)
- We had hordes of trick or treaters of all ages this year, as usual, however I was glad to see that all were in costume, including an adult Sponge Bob carrying his Lion baby. We've had older teenagers come to the door in years past just holding out their hands. No candy unless you're in costume, I say, or go buy your own!
- We gave out 10 bags of candy before running out at 8:30 and shutting off the porch light--with many folks still out on the street. Only one group rang the doorbell on the dark porch and had to be turned away with "Sorry, we're out of candy!"
- We've had a very warm Fall after a cool Summer and the leaves are late to turn color. The ginkgo across the street is finally getting golden. Today they are predicting an 85 degree high temp for our city. My poinsettia is totally confused!
- Traffic rant of the week: Jaywalkers who WALK (not jog!) across four lanes of traffic holding their hand up, when there is a signal and crosswalk at each end of the short block they are on. Grrr. Oh, and bicycle riders who ride against traffic on a four lane road, ride on the sidewalk, ride side by side instead of tandem, and ignore stop signs and red lights. Double Grrr.
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Tuesday's Orts--Nov 2, 2010
Election Day so closely following Halloween kinda suits my mood. But that's not the focus of this week's Orts, I have much more important things to talk about!