- Weekend clothes shopping plus doing two weeks' worth of laundry equals a full closet and drawers. Too bad I am sick of about half of the old stuff, even when clean.
- Curiously, there is a shortage of navy in the world just now. I cannot find a pair of navy slacks anywhere. Also, navy fabric is sorely lacking at my local fabric store. Another color conspiracy? I remember in the early 80's the inability to find brown fabric--even brown yarn was hard to find!
- The housekeepers were here a week ago and I am still straightening photos and paintings. Sometimes I think they leave them crooked on purpose so we'll know they dusted them.
- With the recent dizzying jump from too hot to cool, my confused garden is now sporting daylilies, plumeria blossoms, camellias, margarita daisies, poinsettias, and the avocado tree is producing buds and blooms. The ornamental pear and Golden Rain trees are turning colors and losing leaves. At least the poppies have died out until spring!
- Traffic rant of the week: Putting on your hazard lights while parking in a loading zone or red zone does not mean you're not breaking the law. Especially if you are parked on the wrong side of the street facing oncoming traffic--a sight actually witnessed last week in front of the building to the rear of our office!
- I read recently that the final book in the Clan of the Cave Bear series by Jean Auel, called The Land of the Painted Caves, will be coming out in the spring, 31 years after the first book. But then I read that she may still have one more book in her--at age 74. If she keeps the same pace of writing, I'll be a grandma before it is published.
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Tuesday's Orts--Nov 9, 2010
Tonight I'll be winging my way with Erica to Arizona to check out ASU and her new digs. But first, a few orts to share...