- Rainy California--I sure recall more drought years than rainy ones. In fact, the drought years are the reason we no longer cut down our own Christmas trees--too dry, too many dead needles, bugs, and spiders!
- I've yet to get my annual holiday newsletter out. I've ceased to call it a Christmas card since so often it doesn't get in the mail until a day or two before that.
- We had our staff luncheon last Friday and each brought a White Elephant gift. Somehow when the party is small it lacks the Dirty Santa aspect, though one gal had her gift stolen twice (once by me).
- Why is it that the color of tops/sweaters I most want to buy are unavailable this year? I'm talking about that deep berry/maroon and also caramel or dark tan. Manufacturers should make way more cardigans than pullovers, IMHO.
- A type of clothing I do not understand: A short sleeved turtleneck. Sleeveless turtlenecks are even more puzzling. Why cover your neck and not your arms?
- Somehow I always have the urge to weigh myself when I feel fattest. This is self-defeating, to say the least! Anyone else do that?
- Update on my driver's license: After calling the DMV seven weeks after I renewed my license online, and requesting a paper temporary license upon being told it takes the state 60 days to process the new security licenses, I did receive my license in the mail. The actual license arrived on Monday and the paper license arrived on Wednesday. Our government at work...
- Traffic rant: Somehow, even making it a law in California that you must turn on your headlights if you have to use your windshield wipers appears not to occur to some people. Even if they drive a silver car and are on the gray freeway in the pouring rain. Poor visibility = turn on the headlights, you idiot! Oh, and slow down while you're at it.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Tuesday's Orts--Dec 21, 2010
Another edition of the orts that float around in my head and land once a week on my blog: