Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lucky again

Another squishy mail package arrived on my sewing desk on Monday.  It came from oh so far away, the Isle of Man in Great Britain.
Loulee had a drawing for her 600th post and my name was the lucky pick.

Inside the squishy were these beautiful items--a pear pincushion in blue plaids and a quilled paper flower pin both handmade by Loulee, and a darling knitted sock keychain.  I don't know if she made that but she has just learned how to knit socks. 

I love how the pear is outlined with embroidery and pearl pins.  Everything is just so special.  Thanks bunches, Loulee!  I am a lucky girl indeed.

There was finally some quilt-related activity here.  A glance at the calendar sent me into near panic as there are three quilts to finish by the end of the month (plus the pillows for DD Erica which I did not get done.  Eek).  I got all the rest of the pieces cut for the Brown Bag Challenge quilt.  Unfortunately I am short on the black for the narrow border.  I think I will instead use the stripe from my stash, which was originally planned for the binding.  Leftover yardage from my swap partner is plentiful so binding and backing is no problem.  I also am making extra blocks to have plenty to play with in the layout, so there will be leftovers for the backing as well.  See what magic Rhonda has done with the fabric I sent her, here

8 comments:

Shay said...

That is one cute pincushion! Congratulations on the win Annie.

Good Luck with finishing 3 quilts before the end of March . That's insanity!

Kate said...

Congratulations. Very cute pin cushion. Didn't March just start? So why does it feel like it's so close to being the end?

Joyful Quilter said...

Lucky girl, what a nice win.

loulee said...

I'm glad you like your gift. Yes, I knitted the teeny tiny sock. :-)

Anonymous said...

Go get a lottery ticket! :0)

Vivian said...

Great gifts, every one. Lucky lady.
The days go by way too fast, especially when we have deadlines set for ourselves.

Lorraine said...

Cute package from Loulee......had to laugh at Miss Shay saying finishing three quilts by the end of Mark is isanity.....LOLOL...she has been known to set goals like that for herself! Good luck with the finishes......I am sure you will get there!

libbyquilter said...

that is one peary fabulous pincushion~!!~
sorry, i couldn't help myself.

;-)
libbyQ

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...