- Our birthday girl had a very busy visit. Hair appt with her sister, eyebrows, nails, shopping, eating, and hanging out with all her friends took up a lot of hours.
- I tagged along to the nail appointment at the last minute for a mini-pedicure. A quick shave prior to the appointment resulted in a butcher job on my calves, as I discovered when I rolled up my pants leg and found dried blood in three places. Sheesh. You'd think I'd be better at it after 35+ years.
- Our family's birthday tradition for the last few years has been a restaurant dinner party. Erica chose a restaurant in Santa Barbara where a friend of hers works. Our party of 10 possible partygoers shrank to 5 over the course of a couple of hours, for various reasons, resulting in three text messages to the friend to adjust the reservation. Ah, technology!
- Fancy French restaurants list ingredients I have never heard of. Grilled Rapini? Flat Iron Pork? Both were delicious!
- Traffic rant: People who do the 5 mph cruise around the shopping mall parking lot with a line of four or more cars behind them, totally oblivious and uncaring, especially when they stop to let someone into or out of the vehicle in the middle of the lane, taking their sweet time with instructions or conversation.
- I'm now paying attention to the temperature in Cincinnati on the weather page, since we are going there in a month. Sure hope there is no flooding and no snow happening then.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Tuesday's Orts--Mar 8, 2011
Tuesday's Orts returns this week--from windy and cold So Calif.