- I left work early on Friday and did some shopping. My least favorite phrase described too many of the shoes I was browsing in Sears: "All Manmade Materials". Which to me translates to "sweat and stink shortly".
- Later I was perusing a rack in another store and a lady came through an opening through a couple nearby racks. Just as she got abreast of me, she burped, practically in my ear. That was a new experience. At least she did excuse herself!
- DD Erica called to say she was thinking about changing her major (again), this time to Sociology. I said, "Oh, you mean you're taking Muggle Studies" (Harry Potter term for non-magical people). This cracked her up and she vowed to post it "everywhere" online. I did see it made Facebook!
- My friend Tanya and I visited a local fabric store that is closing it's Camarillo location. Tanya had two gift cards to use there and I wanted to pick up more fabric for the wedding quilt. While I was waiting for her to get some fabric cut, I looked over to the register area and standing at the counter there was a familiar looking woman. I stupidly stared and then said to her, "You're Marcia!", to which she replied, "Well, I played her". (What a dolt!) Then her name entirely flew out of my head so I had to say, "And your name is...?" and she said "Maureen". I'm hoping what I said was, "...McCormick, of course". I mentioned that I had watched her many times on TV and enjoyed it, and thanked her for her work, shaking her hand. What an idiotic encounter, but I wanted to acknowledge her presence. I can only imagine what she said to her companions about the dumb fan!
- Traffic rant: On the way back from Camarillo, Tanya and I spotted some thick smoke from an obvious fire in the distance on the opposite side of the freeway, at the edge of some farmland. The gawkers tied up traffic so quickly we were glad our exit was only a couple offramps away. The fire was not that close to the freeway but all the lookyloos who could see the flames and smoke created a big snarl that worsened already bad Sunday afternoon traffic, in BOTH directions, for hours.
- Doing pretty well with my No Sugar, No Flour eating plan. Snacking on roasted, unshelled sunflower seeds is a hygiene problem, have you ever noticed? There is no sanitary way to eat them without getting your fingers in your mouth. So I use this:
A shot glass. This was a Bunco night souvenir and is even my favorite color!