After crosshatching with cream thread in the ditch diagonally through the center of the quilt, I went to my trusty three-step zig zag for the narrow border and some large puzzle-piece stippling in the wide border. I know, I know, not adventurous in the least!
Using 40 wt thread means you run out of bobbin thread more often...one square foot to go and I ran out at this point! Good thing I thought ahead and bought two spools of thread.
Some free motion quilting in the setting triangles will finish off the quilting and I can proceed to binding, labeling, and mailing this off to my aunt's husband, who has been undergoing treatment for tongue cancer. He's feeling better but is still recovering from radiation/chemo that took a deep toll on the Georgia native. Hang in there, Tommy!