Thursday, June 30, 2011

Whew! Back in business!

Last night, as many others did, I got kicked out of my own blog in the middle of composing a post.  It was very demoralizing, but after feeling very alone and helpless for an hour, seeing the same "Bad Request Error 400" everywhere I tried to go in Blogger, I discovered bunches of others around the world were experiencing the same thing.  Fortunately this morning everything is rosy.  Or lily, like this beautiful volunteer plant on the side of our building: 

Look how many buds and blooms are on this lovely thing!  I like its shadow too, and it smells divine.

That was third in a row for unfortunate happenings in my world.  Tuesday night I came out from Big Lots and found a flat tire (#1 incident).   AAA came to the rescue and changed it out to my spare.  I drove by my brother Kevin's auto repair shop on the way home and he happened to still be there at 7:30 p.m. (the joys of owning your own business!)  He said he could fix the tire but there wasn't much of a tire left as it was so worn--the reason the nail got into my tire in the first place.  So now we have to get new tires for my car.  Cha-ching!  (#2 incident)  That means driving 10 miles to work on city streets for another day instead of taking the freeway.  Good thing I asked, because Kevin told me that if you read a spare tire, it says not to go over 50 mph or travel more than 50 miles.  Somehow in my mind I knew that, but it is always good to ask!

6 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

Well DARN....but the Lily flowers sure make me feel better!!!

Candace said...

A walk among the Lily's always makes things better, Annie! I don't know what's up with Blogger these days, but it sure is doing some weird things! Hope you have a better day!
Cheers!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Hoping for a happy day and sunshine and no further items on your list! I had a problem with Blogger yesterday too.

Anonymous said...

I hate when blogger does that. Glad you were able to fill us in today on your happenings...not good to hear but always good to hear from you.

Shay said...

So if these things come in threes-breathe easy - you're safe.

I wasnt booted from Blogger but it wouldnt let me write my post which was singularly annoying!

At least you have that gorgeous lily to look at .

Tyre shopping is right up there with electrical item replacement shopping in my book. Not one ounce of fun or excitment at all! Can you swing by a quilt shop to pep up that shopping expedition?

Kate said...

Must be the week for automobile stuff, I so feel your pain on the new tire front.

Lovely lily.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...