I found this Gypsy kit at JoAnn's fabrics on the clearance aisle last year, marked down to $20.
It had these 12 fat quarters in pretty wild prints, with a 1/2 yard cut for borders. But I didn't like the pattern--it was too random and there were too many different sizes of squares, rectangles and strips to cut, I felt, for this diverse of a fabric grouping. It just looked a mess to me.
So I selected this pattern I had instead (Charlene Westerberg Designs). I think it will make a great leader-ender project. Last night all the fabric got washed and a cutting diagram was mapped out for the fat quarters. Now that the MATH is out of the way, I can start cutting and sewing!