On my design surface today are two projects. First, the wedding quilt for DD Elaine and Chris:
Almost three rows laid out before I ran out of pieces and had to cut more.
Since there were so many pieces in each row as I stacked them, bag clips bought on the cheap came in handy to keep them all together.
My worries over MATH were allayed when I stitched together the row I was the most concerned about. The pattern called for four 3.5" white squares and I eliminated those in my re-drawing, which changed the way the rows were assembled. Fortunately my numbers were true and the segments all matched up. Whew! Lots more sewing will be necessary to get all the pieces laid out and the rows sewn.
Next is the quilt on my list for the UFO Challenge this month, the Mystery Quilt from Judy's Patchwork Times last June. I did a bit more switcheroo after this layout. If you'll notice, there are too many darks at the top and all the lightest blocks are in a diagonal row. I have backing bought, fabric for borders but decisions to make on that, and of course quilting and binding to do before I call this a finish. See more design walls on Patchwork Times.