- We held a garage sale on Sunday to help raise some extra money for the wedding. While the start was encouraging--a lady was on the driveway before we even got our stuff all dragged out, our total earned after 2.5 hours was ONE DOLLAR. In quarters. Future son-in-law Chris said he either wanted to make a lot of money or only the four quarters, because the story is funny that way. He got his wish.
- My favorite radio station plays "Peace, Love and Sunday Morning" music, many of which are late 60's, early 70's hippie-type tunes. DD Elaine was not impressed and commented that the music made her want to shoot herself. I, on the other hand, knew every song.
- Elaine and I went inside after about an hour and a half and did wedding stuff, leaving the boys to mind the (non) sales. Those of you who have gone through this wedding planning thing know how hard it can be to assign table seating. Elaine was using a great website called Wedding Wire that allows you to move everyone around a virtual table and assign table numbers, etc. Pretty cool.
- Traffic rant: Late mergers--you know, those folks who pay no attention to the eighteen signs indicating the lane ahead is closed and therefore flip their signal and demand to be let in the open lane at the last second.
- Last week I was having some discomfort in my leg and went to the doctor. Dr. D said he was surprised I remembered him because he hadn't seen me in 15 years. I replied that was not true; it was actually only 7 years. He asked how I've been and I told him, "Healthy!". He did make me promise to come back for a physical and I was a good girl and made an appointment for after the wedding.
- Dr. D sent me to the hospital for an ultrasound of my leg, just to confirm his feeling that it was nothing to be worried about. Since I work for the Physiology department of that hospital, it was probable that I would be transcribing my own study, but that isn't how it turned out. I wondered if it would be a HIPAA privacy violation if I looked up my own report, so I didn't.
That's me levitating with my brother Kevin's quilt from a few years ago. I grew two extra arms just for this feat!
My 100 Followers giveaway is open until tomorrow night. You can enter HERE. I've been enjoying everyone's unusual name stories!