My design surface has not changed from last week--still the wedding quilt. I got the borders cut and then found, after winding a bobbin that used up the end of a spool, that I was completely out of ecru thread. So, instead of sewing, I worked on my MATH for the backing fabric I needed to purchase and also doodled some quilting plans.
My thought is still to cut out some ginkgo leaves in different leaf shapes and iron them onto the top in the larger squares, then free motion around them. If that works out, I may do the same in the smaller squares. However, the priority is to work on my outfit for the wedding, which is now less than three weeks away!
Lots and lots of pieces to cut...I started with the interfacing for the jacket. It wasn't until I had those pieces laid out that I realized I didn't have enough for the dress too, so it's back to JoAnn's for me! Yesterday I was #89 at the cutting table when they were calling #77. Everyone was buying fabric for Halloween costumes, it seemed. On the agenda tonight, more cutting! See more design walls on Judy's Patchwork Times. If you want to enter my 100 Followers giveaway, which is open until Wednesday night, click here.