Friday, November 25, 2011

After the feast

I hope everyone celebrating Thanksgiving had a lovely day.  We fed 20 for dinner, which included Grant, me, son Nick, two of my brothers and their wives, 5 nephews, 3 nieces, two grandmas, one grandpa, and a family friend.  It was the kind of bedlam I love about being part of a big family--lots of talk and laughter, eating and sharing.  I even got to play a board game from my childhood with two of my nephews and son Nick.  Today we had some helpers over to eat up some of the leftovers and this time the girls got to play the game.  Here's my niece making her mad face for when someone sent her game piece back home.  


What a scowl!  Her older sister doesn't seem too afraid.  After they left I went to the shopping mall--but not to score any Black Friday deals--it was to pick up an order I placed a few weeks ago.
 
I took advantage of a coupon deal at Michael's and got this cross-stitch from years ago framed.  Last year I had posted intentions to make this into a pillow, but I think it will last longer as artwork.  It is approximately 9 x 14 and looks so much better hung on my wall than on a clothes hanger in my closet.  Soon another round of leftovers will get served --this time to the newlyweds.  I hope to settle into some quilting thereafter.  I'm thankful for this four day weekend, and for family and friends, at home and in blogland. 

11 comments:

Alma said...

Precioso ese cuadro, Que trabajito! te felicito!
Un abrazo desde Argentina
Alcira

Barb said...

Looks like everyone had a fun time. Isn't it nice to get something framed and finished! Looks great!

Kate said...

The scowl would definitely scare me. Sister is probably too used to it!

Very pretty stitchery. Looks like you are making progress on more than just quilt related UFOs.

Glad your Thanksgiving was a good one. Enjoy your quilting time!

Denise :) said...

This is a lovely cross stitch piece, Annie -- and I like it framed, very much! Fun to hear about your celebration and how it lasts into the weekend -- I love that about Thanksgiving! Hugs! :)

Pokey said...

Pretty cross stitch, it is a beautiful piece framed! So good to hear of your fun celebrating. I'm thankful for you, Annie!
:-}pokey

Lori said...

The cross stitch is awesome!! Framing is so expensive, how wonderful to have a coupon:)

Candace said...

Funny - I was just thinking about board games this morning! What fun! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving, Annie! Love the cross stitch - framing is perfect for it!
Cheers!

Shay said...

Your cross stitch is pretty amazing Annie. Im glad you got it framed. It deserves a place where it can be appreciated and not sat on!

Sounds like Thanksgiving was fabulous and full of family and food. Are you still eating leftovers?

Tanya said...

The crosstitch is lovely. You'll get far more compliments with it on a wall than in a closet or even hidden under somebody on a sofa.

Stephanie D said...

I used to do cross-stitch, long long ago. There's one piece in particular I've thought about framing, but just never have. Thanks for reminding me about that! Love yours!

Browndirtcottage said...

Sounds like everything worked out for the good on turkey day!!

That is a fabulous cross-stitch girlfriend!! You did a good job picking out the perfect framing for it too!!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...