- My sewing machine also had a birthday last week. DH Grant bought it for my 40th birthday so it is a decade old--a Husqvarna "Lily". It is a really good machine which has never needed any repairs, thank goodness, and has only had an occasional spa day.
- Thanksgiving dinner shopping was pretty painless as I went to Trader Joe's and Target late on Saturday night. But when I got home with three cartons of turkey gravy I got to thinking--is six cups of gravy enough for 21 people?
- I shop late at night mostly due to C.O.W. (crabby old woman) tendencies towards misbehaving/whining kids/crying babies. I did act in a big buttinski way towards two kids about 5 and 7 who had gotten bored and were on the floor wrestling and hitting each other while their parents were down a nearby aisle looking at Christmas lights. I didn't really mean to be so intrusive but found myself saying, after they ignored a pointed stare, "You guys better stop that RIGHT NOW". The dad popped his head out from the aisle and told them to get up. I quickly wheeled my cart away muttering something about "someone was going to get hurt". Moo!
- Son Nick slept badly the other night when he was away at a hotel. His girlfriend told him he said, in his sleep, "Oh, CRAP". Nick told me it must have been during an elaborate dream he had about going bowling with Steven Seagal and losing badly.
- Traffic rant: There is no excuse for parking in a Handicapped Only spot without a placard or license plate giving permission to do so. Especially if there are 15 other open spots within feet of your tricked out, lowered import car with loud booming music pouring out the open windows, you young idiot.
- Grant is left-handed, which means he folds clothes
backwardsopposite from how I do. He also puts soda cans in the fridge dispenser backwardopposite from me. Also the butter knife is faced backwardsopposite on top of the butter dish.
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Tuesday's orts--the bits of thoughts and happenings of my week that land here.