I had just enough of the skull fabric to cut three 6.5" strips, but had to piece the flame fabric for enough width for two of the strips. Luckily it is a busy fabric so difficult to see the seams. I cut all the pieces and stitched the top together in just a couple of hours. It will finish in the 40 x 45" range.
Even got a backing made...
..and the binding cut and sewn. All of the fabrics came from stash and scraps and I am very happy to move them on. This orange piece was in a bag of "scraps by the pound" I bought at my LQS a year or two ago. It was fun to get a wide variety with fabrics I would not normally choose. Just now I am short on reds so it's time to get another bag.
I like to chain sew my binding, just flipping the right side up on the loose end of the strip and adding the next strip. Eyeballing that seam does not work for me so a mechanical pencil and small 1" x 6" ruler are always within reach for marking. Not shown here are the cut borders and finished backing and binding all ready for the Flowers for Nana Girl quilt. I will have three more quilts to sandwich once I get all of my basting pins out of the wedding quilt! I got brave and started the quilting on it Sunday night but didn't get far enough to share pics yet. See more design walls on Judy's Patchwork Times.