- Forgot to share last week how my mani-pedi date with DD Erica went. I am pathetic at keeping nail polish pristine. The girl had to re-do my right thumbnail THREE times before I even left the salon! And of course I dinged them all up when I got home and started doing things. At least my toes still looked good after a day!
- Note to self: Do not start a best-seller, page-turner of a book at 10:30 pm on a weeknight if you want to get more than a few hours of sleep. Sarah's Key was the book, and when I finally made myself put it down after 200 pages, I was afraid to look at the clock!
- Sunday I planned to pin baste the wedding quilt and knew I would need many many basting pins. I even took pins out of a project I'm planning to hand quilt, thread basting it instead, but still I ran out of pins 2/3 of the way through.
- So I took a trip to JoAnn's Fabric store to buy more pins. The store was very very busy, and extremely COLD from air conditioning. Someone needed to tell them it wasn't summer anymore--but a glance outside at the RAIN should have been the first clue.
- Traffic rant: People who fail to grasp the concept of the four way stop in a very busy shopping mall. Yes, it's your turn. Now you missed it. Go. Go. GO! Oh, geez.
- The new Mrs. G texted me from Maui that she didn't wanna come home. I texted back that I wouldn't want to either.
- The "fall back" time change offers me a brief stab at "early to bed, early to rise"...not my forte, believe me.
- A seldom seen natural event appeared as I got to JoAnn's.
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Late edition of the scraps and bits (orts) of thoughts and happenings of my week...