- On our downtown errand on Saturday we witnessed the Grinch with his sleigh and Cindy Lou Who in some live-action play in a pocket park. We only caught glimpses as we drove by but it looked entertaining.
- Looking forward to the shortest day of the year so we can start back to more evening light. This pitch dark at 5:30 thing gets old fast. And our parking lot's motion detector lights at work are very temperamental. Sometimes it requires jumping up and down on a certain spot!
- My sister Kathy and her daughter and boyfriend are driving out from Missouri for Christmas. They are leaving the 23rd and driving straight through, 30+ hours. I said that the 2 AM to 6 AM shift would be brutal, but she said "Not for me--'cause I'm not doing it!" Smart woman.
- Things I don't understand: Sheer bodices on wedding gowns. Ick.
- Christmas cards flood the stores this time of year but we are not getting very many in the mail. Not that I've sent any out yet this year either...it's still early, right?
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Tuesday's Orts--Dec 13, 2011
Tuesday's Orts--the bits and scraps of thoughts and events that land here once a week.