Friday, January 13, 2012

NQR

NQR--nothing quilt related.  There has been no sewing or quilting related activities so far this long and home-very-late-every-night workweek, other than a stop at Michael's for some rotary blades, needles and a little Kate Spain.  I get her newsletter so I knew her paper goods were being sold at Michael's.  I could have come home with armloads of these inexpensive goodies, but held myself to just a couple--for now.
Magnetic notepad and the adorable mini clipboard were each $1.50.

This reminded me that I had won a mini charm pack from Kate last year of Central Park that I've been hoarding.  I think it needs to come out and play very soon.  Meanwhile, I have quite a list of to do's this weekend, which for us here in the US is a three day weekend--Martin Luther King, Jr day is on Monday.  Sure would like to knock some things off that list so I must remember my word for 2012:  Focus.  I notice I'm muttering it under my breath to myself at times of easy distraction!

6 comments:

Denise :) said...

Michael's does have a lovely aisle (or two) of fun little distractions, doesn't it? Enjoy your weekend! :)

Shay said...

I love that mini clipboard!

I could easily get distracted by all those sorts of little things. Im terrible in Spotlight. I buy things "just because" ALL the time.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

LOL I had to go by Michael's too. :-) A little notebook followed me home. :-) Have a happy weekend!

Candace said...

Ohhhhh - I loved the quilt I made from Central Park, Annie! I can't wait to see what you do! It's such "happy" fabric to work with!
Cheers!

Vivian said...

Wish we had a Michael's closer than 90 miles away, or maybe it's a good thing the closest is 90 miles away. I could do some major damage to my checking acct there.
I like your word for the year. I hope it works magic for you.

How is your backyard poinsettia? I think about it every Christmas season when I have to buy one at the floral shop or grocery store.

Pokey said...

Those note pads are neat, I may need to go visit Michael's myself today. She is one of my faves, and her Central Park got away from me before I could get some, I love how those purples, greens and oranges worked together. And I think "focus" is a great word to claim for the year...!
:-}pokey

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...