- Despite my perceived restraint at buying Christmas stuff this year, it seems my boxes are more full than ever and some things simply won't fit back in their respective spots. I swear I only bought a tablecloth and some snowman mugs. Oh, and some new tree lights. And garland lights. Oh yes, and more wrapping paper. But no new ornaments, I swear!
- Things I Don't Understand: Open-toe boots. Just plain seem pointless to me in so many ways. Why warm your heels and ankles if you leave a big hole at your toes?
- We've been having very odd weather here in So Calif--record breaking heat yet high surf. These don't coincide usually but the surfers are loving it.
- I stopped at my favorite fish taco place the other day for lunch. A lady pulled up in a cute red Mini Cooper wagon. I really wanted to take a photo of her cargo--a full grown St. Bernard. I would have, too, if she hadn't been standing right by me.
- Son Nick was taken to a Lakers game on Friday night as a Christmas gift from his girlfriend, Alison. They were easy to spot in the crowd due to Nick's bright gold shirt, but they didn't make it onto the Kiss Cam, darn it. Just a few rows in front of them were Jack Nicholson and also Charlize Theron.
- While Grant was golfing with his buddies on Saturday I worked on cleaning up the post-holiday clutter that gathered in our bedroom. Mini supervised, of course. I emptied a workbag of fabric and when I returned from putting it away I found this:
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Tuesday's Orts--Jan 10, 2012
Tuesday's Orts--bits of thoughts and scraps of events from my week that land here.
Naturally I had to run downstairs for my camera. She stayed in the workbag until I threw a empty shoe box on the bed. You know what comes next, right?
Of course she had to try it out. Later I went out to do errands/shopping and found a small storage tower for our tiny master bath shower/toilet room. Mini helped by holding down the directions as I assembled it. I couldn't actually READ the directions then, but she helped just the same. Once complete, the testing phase immediately began.
Yup, perfectly cat sized!
A combo post of the last few days... I completed sewing the two quilt halves of my version of the Easy-Breezy leader-ender and laid it out...
Since I virtuously devoted two evenings this week to clearing surfaces in the sewing room, including hours cutting down and sorting/storing...
Design Wall Monday rolls around again. See more design walls/surfaces on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. I received a messa...
Slow Sunday Stitching on Kathy's Quilts blog has lots of eye candy every week. I put the last stitches into the Blackbird Designs L...