Monday, April 9, 2012

Design Wall Monday--April 9, 2012

It was great to get back to some piecing after finishing the quilting on the Bricks and Stepping Stones quilt.  Some fabric for the Cocoa Baskets quilt has been lying on the cutting table for weeks, so that was the first task. 
I will most likely machine applique these to the backgrounds but for now am simply cutting pieces large enough for the basket and handle templates.

Two more Churn Dash and two more 9 patches added to the total, with more to come.  I'll get the Basket blocks made and lay out all the different blocks before cutting for the remaning blocks.  Loving these so far!See more Design Walls on Judy's Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Janet O. said...

I can tell I am going to love this quilt--lovely colors, and 3 of my favorite blocks (but I don't applique, so my baskets are always pieced). I love what you have so far, too!

marcella said...

Your quilt is looking great so far! Can't wait to see it with the baskets added to the mix.

Candace said...

My heart is a-fluttering over this one, Annie! Enjoy your trip to Cincinnati - I want to go!
Cheers!

Sue Daurio said...

Love the fabrics for this one! It's going to look great.

Browndirtcottage said...

Girl, you just put me to shame with all you get done over here, and you work full time!!
When I think back to when I worked full time I feel I got more done then because I think I managed my time better, I had to or else I wouldn't get ANYTHING done!!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...