Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tuesday's Orts

Tuesday's Orts--bits and scraps of thoughts and happenings of my week that land here.
  • You'd think I would be packed already for my trip tomorrow.  Or at least have my clothes washed, but you'd be mistaken.  Especially since we are completely out of laundry soap when I just checked this morning.  Sigh.
  • My mom came over and tried out the new laminate floors in her stocking feet.  She could slide pretty far!
  • We had a confused and probably homeless woman come into our office the other day, saying someone told her to meet an attorney about her money problems (we are a medical office).  She could not remember anyone's phone number or names to call and pick her up, but was clean and seemed generally okay.  She went in and out of the waiting room a few times and I looked at her ID and folder of papers from her bank, trying to figure out how to help her.  She thought she heard her daughter's voice in the office, and said she has been looking for them. Eventually we called the police to come help her.  She told the officer that I had taken her ID, but I told him that I looked at it and handed it back to her and she put it in her wallet.  The officer talked to her for some time but she was no danger to herself or others so there wasn't much he could do.  Finally, he let her simply walk away.  I was half afraid she would turn up again the next day but there has been no sign of her.  Sad!
  • Traffic RantPeople who don't use turn signals.  Especially those who are turning into driveways with a line of cars behind them, all of us gnashing our teeth at their thoughtlessness. 
  • The 364 eggs put out for the Easter egg hunt were all plastic, thankfully, so no danger of rotting egg smell of those that were missed.   A few Pixie sticks were still on our porch in the afternoon before our very shy neighbor boy came looking. But this is what some of the boys looked like at 9:00 a.m. when the signal to start was given:

They took off like a shot!

5 comments:

Candace said...

So sad about the woman. I'm surprised the police didn't call a social worker or someone like that. I'm with you about turn signals -- and the other thing I don't like is when you put your turn signal on and your husband taps to the beat of it - lolol!
Cheers!

Libby said...

You have a neighborhood egg hunt? What fun! A great way for folks such as Hubby and me to enjoy the festivities while we are in our current small-kidless state *s*

Shay said...

The thought of your Mum sliding around your floors ala Tom Cruise in Risky Business just made my day.

I always leave packing until the last minute. Enjoy the trip!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You're in good company... there's no minute like the last minute! Hope your Mom is OK. Love the idea of a community egg hunt. Enjoy your time away...

Anonymous said...

Oh Lordy...all I could think is if mom slips etc. I'm finally trying to get back to leaving comments and not just lurking.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...