- I helped my older brother Kevin write a syllabus for a class he was approached to develop and teach--he doesn't type very fast and it would take him many hours. When asked why he is adding another commitment to his workweek (one full-time teaching job, one-part time teaching job, plus full-time owner/mechanic of his own shop), he said he tried to say "No", but somehow it came out "OK, I'll do it".
- Kevin teaches auto shop at a local high school. He told me he spent 15 minutes giving the class in his best Donald Duck voice a couple of weeks ago, which he is very good at. The kids loved it.
- Things I Don't Understand: I went to Burger King's drive through for lunch break and ordered a Chicken Caesar salad. The voice on the other end asked me what kind of dressing I wanted. Really?
- Some calorie burning MUST be taking place during all these Personal Weather Systems I am experiencing: take off the jacket, take off the scarf, put the hair up. Cool off too much. Put on the jacket, scarf, take down the hair. Repeat 10 cycles per day. And night.
- One night this week, every time I was awakened by a PWS I had the John Denver song Back Home Again running through my head. No idea why, haven't heard it in years. I do like that song, though!
- We visited a longtime friend this past weekend and refamiliarized ourselves with his amazing views:
Backyard views looking towards Ojai.
Citrus trees in the frontyard, loaded with fruit. We took home a bunch of oranges. Yum.