Saturday, April 28, 2012

Weekend Work

I'll be spending a lot of time at my sewing machine this weekend--after procrastinating most evenings this week I still have 10 more table toppers to finish for the wedding next Friday.  They each take about 20-30 minutes to sew, but thankfully are all turning out pretty well.  I also hope to finish up my Jewel Box blocks for the UFO pick of the month and get the top together by Tuesday.  No photos worth taking of that, but I snapped Mini in a new spot.


She took my search and removal of a specific project box as an invitation to rest in the Hoosier cabinet.

Cleaning up my sewing area last week led to stuffing the drawers of my stash dresser with all the leftover fabric piled up everywhere.  I told my husband that I might have to revise my statement that I didn't have THAT much fabric.  Fortunately, that isn't a fatal thing to say to him, but I sure need to get most of this fabric into a quilt!  Ideas are being turned over in my head...

7 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I just spent a few minutes reading back at all I have missed on your blog~ wow! You have been one busy lady! Loved all the photo's of the Basilica, your swag, and mini! I can't quilt with a hoop either. ;-) Have a great weekend! Love Mini's hideaway. :-)

Kate said...

Looks like you surprised her. Bet she thought you'd never find her there.

Candace said...

Good thing you saw Miss Mini before closing up the Hoosier, Annie! I did that to one of our cats once in the linen closet - and he made a litter box out of it - ack! Washed linens for days, too! Your Midwest trip looked wonderful. How nice that you got to see so much of the area!
Cheers!

Vivian said...

I hope your weekend of sewing is going well. I've been away too long, and you've been busy-busy-busy! So many projects and so much done.
I like your hand quilting on the Strawberry Fields quilt-along project. Not sure if I ever finished mine.

Mary said...

Mini looks quite comfy in her new hiding place. No chance of her getting stepped on there!

Shay said...

Mini finds the most interesting spots to lay about . My cats are definitely bed and floor cats.

Good luck with the table toppers. Talk about a deadline!

Pokey said...

Love Mini's ability to keep trying new spots! Good luck on your -10!- table toppers ~
:-}pokey

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...