Thursday, September 13, 2012

Tuesday's Orts--on Thursday again

Orts--bits and scraps of thoughts and events that land here semi-regularly.
  • Staying home a lot has been good for my gas tank.  And my wallet.
  • I don't watch any reality TV regularly, but the Long Island Medium show on TLC catches my attention now and again.  Maybe because she is such a positive person who seems to genuinely want to help people, versus those Housewives shows that are full of drinking, fighting, and feminine spite.  Ugh.
  • Fall decorating is on hold--it is too hot and humid for pumpkins and witches.
  • Traffic Rant:  Sitting in my parked car on Main Street, I gasped from a near sideswiping by a male driver in a big pickup whose only concern was pulling over to check open hours on a storefront.  If my car had had a bigger bumper he would have sheered it off, I swear.
  • My cat, Mini, has lost her meow.  Since the weekend, she opens her mouth but barely any sound comes out.  I never knew cats could get laryngitis.  It looks hilarious, but I don't know if I should be concerned.
  • My mom and I made a gift for the new and fabulous crafting room my sister in law Laura built in their new home.  We had fun with scrapbook paper, chipboard decor, and a lovely silk ribbon.

I'd like a Lady Cave too, wouldn't you?

13 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

I love the sign! I have a lady cave but right now it looks like a man cave, REALLY MESSY and UNORGANIZED. and I have a cat that has never meowed. She'll make a squeally noise if her brother really annoys her but otherwise she is mute. She does have a lovely purr though. She came to me that way from the rescue. I'm told that sometimes cats don't meow. Believe me her brother makes up for her lack of meowing. Big Mouth!

Dawn said...

I am working on getting my lady cave functional. Never thought of calling it that - but that sign is just too cute.
I hope your kitty is OK.
Take care!

Quilter Kathy said...

YES! I never knew such a thing existed but I NEED one!
What's up with meowless Mini??!

Denise :) said...

Lady caves are the *best*! I had a cat, many years ago, that was born with hardly a voice. His name was Pooka and he sounded like he had perpetual laryngitis! But it also made him a little baby cat for all his life. He was a sweetie. :)

Libby said...

I think of the whole house as my lady cave . . . poor Hubby - he gets the garage and the shed *S*

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

Lady cave - too funny:}

Joyful Quilter said...

Fred has never meowed..he just squeaks which is really funny coming out of such a BIG cat. Watch her appetite, check for a dry nose (fever), and if she starts to hide then it is time to worry.

One Minnesota Quilter said...

Cute sign. I guess my sewing room is my lady cave. My husband doesn't really like to go in there. :)

Judy

Stephanie D said...

It's not officially fall for another week, anyway. I'm with you on the fall decorating--although our nights are dropping into the 50s now! Nice!

Lee said...

Indeed TOO hot-yesterday over 100!
I don't know how concerned you should be about your kitty getting laryngitis - might be worth a vet call? The sign is cute. I too have what I refer to as my She-Cave, Craft Room, Junk Room, She-Den - it all depends on my mood and the condition it's in at any given moment but which in reality, is far from finished and has far too much in it for it's tiny size.

Kate said...

Love the "lady cave" sign. It's absolutely perfect!

We finally got a break in the hot and dry. It's 75 and rained all morning. Hope autumn falls there soon.

Tanya said...

I hope Mini has her voice back by now! (Sometimes I wish Patora would get laryngitis... She has such a loud voice and since she is one of our cat house cats, I'm afraid she'll wake up the neighbors!)

Nanette Merrill said...

I consider my sewing room my mini lady cave. I don't know what I'd do without it.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...