- Our former office crew met at a local restaurant for dinner and holiday cheer last week--at a brand new Japanese restaurant. We had a lovely time though I managed to drop my 3/4 full glass of iced tea onto the table, splash a bit on my former boss, and soak myself quite well. Nothing says Merry Christmas like a lap full of cold iced tea!
- Traffic Rant: I took my mother in law to the store so she could buy some Christmas cards. Some lazy dodo in a big pickup truck decided to wait for us to pull out of our close parking spot instead of going up the aisle a short way to clearly visible empty spots. She actually reversed and blocked traffic in two directions in the main lane in front of the store. I made little effort to hurry my 93 year old mother in law, I can tell you.
- I love to get holiday cards and letters and especially photos. I hope this tradition never dies out, though it seems we get fewer cards every year. Ours rarely get sent out before Christmas and that is true again this year, since I just wrote our annual newsletter today and we won't all be together until Christmas Day for a photo. But I haven't ever missed a year in the last 28!
- This year a reversal of normal events occurred: I wrapped packages days before Christmas Eve and put them under the tree. Maybe I'll blame it on the Mayan calendar prediction crisis.
- Speaking of presents under the tree:
Wishing you all warm and wonderful holidays with plenty of friends, family, food, and fun.