- Grant's employer has an annual awards banquet and that took place this past weekend at a fine hotel/resort in Newport Beach. The invitation listed the event as semi-formal and I wore a knee length silk dress and Grant a suit and tie. Looking around the ballroom, that clothing description escaped a number of the people who attended. In what way are tight, shiny, pseudo leather leggings semi-formal? Maybe in a biker bar, I guess, accompanied by the dude who could not bother to change out of his puffer down jacket and jeans.
- I had a good laugh at the first menu item listed on the cards on the table: Assorted Dinner Rolls. That seemed sort of unnecessary, coupled with the fact that the dinner rolls were, in fact, all the same.
- There were some technical difficulties during the sales award presentations, with winners' names being displayed onscreen before the finalists had even been called to the front of the room. I'm guessing there was a heated exchange with the audio-visual crew afterwards.
- Traffic Rant: Aggressive drivers in the HOV lane, who tailgate and threaten at high speeds, in a lane where it is illegal for cars to cross the double yellow line to get out of their way.
- In preparing for the short trip, I was rummaging around in my semi-messy closet and suddenly slid into a cleaning/sorting binge. One of the items unearthed was the first cross-stitch project I ever did.
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Tuesday's Orts--Jan 15, 2013
Tuesday's Orts--bits and scraps of thoughts and happenings that land here semi-regularly.