Tuesday's Orts--bits and scraps of thoughts and events that land here semi-regularly. In this case they are a late edition aimed at my four year blogaversary, which falls on this date.
- I'm veering between blog-A-versary and blog-I-versary. Since it is a made up word, new to the English language, the final choice is yet to be written in the dictionary.
- 2009 was a very eventful year for me. Besides starting a blog I was also working three part-time jobs and got my own sewing room (finally). Quilting and blogging kept me sane!
- I'm grateful for those early commenters who encouraged me with their responses to my posts. I try to pay that forward by commenting a lot around blogland. Everyone loves nice comments!
- For my first blogaversary giveaway I made a small quilt out of leftovers; Jasmine in Australia won that. For the second, a tablerunner; Sheryl won that. For the third, a small red and white wallhanging; Dawn won that. Guess what? This year will be no different! Handmade is best, in my book :)
- This 32"scrappy tabletopper has a backing made and will be basted and quilted forthwith. Sorry it is not ready yet, but tweaking my back a week ago put me behind a few days.
To enter my giveaway, as always, I'm looking for information. Who or what inspired you to visit or join the great blogisphere? In my case, it was Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville fame and I believe three hours passed during my first enthralling visit to her website. While I am neither as talented nor generous as Bonnie, I'm happy to be in one category with her at least--Quilt Blogger!
The winner will be selected by random drawing, i.e., I'll write everyone's name on slips of paper and have someone with opposable thumbs pick one. The giveaway will be open one week, closing Tuesday, February 12 at 6 pm my time (Pacific). It is open to those outside the U.S. as well. Please make sure I have a way to contact you either by your Blogger profile or including an email address in your comment. Don't have a blog? No problem, just send an email to vtaannieo (at) gmail.com.