Monday, September 16, 2013

Design Wall Monday

Still plugging away on the wedding quilt, with a deadline fast approaching. I have two more weekends!

Luckily my sister is here to help. She re-ironed every other block's seams the opposite way so I could nest them as I assembled the rows. Yesterday I sewed five rows, leaving four to finish that task. There was a little complaining about the boring job I gave her, but it sure was a big help to me, lol!  See more design walls on Judy's Patchwork Times. 

Over the weekend we had a huge party at our house. There was even a band.
That's my hubby on the far right, playing with some friends at his 60th birthday party. It was a really good time and having the food catered was terrific!  First time ever that we didn't spend all night in the kitchen :). Today is his actual birthday, though, so happy birthday, honey!  Love you bunches!

9 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

The band made me chuckle, birthday wishes from podunk!

Janet O. said...

Oh, if I had been the one to press all of the seams I may have whined, too. : )
Looks like a fun 60th party. My DH also turned 60 this year.

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

Happy birthday to your hubs! My sweet man has his birthday today too, he turns 66 and I'm so happy to have spent more than 48 of those years with him. Looks like your party was super fun.

Shay said...

Happy 60th Birthday Grant! That number deserves a party.

I dont mind pressing seams- feel free to call me if your helper decides to mutiny!



Melinda said...

The wedding quilt is looking good. Thank goodness for sisters - I am sure the complaining was not that hard to take, at least if she kept on ironing.

Happy birthday to Grant!

Lorraine said...

...and if you let me know when Shay is visiting I will come over as well.....happy 60th to Grant - I will be celebrating the same number birthday in December!

Mary said...

Your hubby looks like he was having fun! The quilt is looking great. Good luck on meeting the deadline.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to Grant! 1953 was a good year. My Mum was born that year in March. She celebrated with numerous occasions!

Kate said...

Belated happy birthday to your guy. Looks like he had a great time.

The wedding quilt is looking good.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...