- A week ago Monday I cleaned it up in time for the housekeeper's monthly visit.
- I sewed together two of the Winding Ways block rows while using leader-ender pieces to make four patches.
- Thursday night saw me packing up and dismantling much of the room to prepare for the carpet cleaners on Friday
- Saturday I put the room back together, slowly, and at my husband's suggestion, altered the layout to leave more open space--putting the cutting table against the wall. Seems he wants to use the fireplace sometime!
- Sunday I sewed nearly all day on these two projects:
The other project was a guild opportunity to join a Round Robin--my first ever. I pinned a star block recently that I liked a lot, and decided to use some new fabrics bought at Road to California for the modern aesthetic required.
The solids I already had but pulled to go with them.
The four patches I have been using as leader-enders are for the Go Four It quiltalong in progress from American Patchwork & Quilting. I really like Edyta Sitar's quilt but the pieces were too small for the size scraps I save.
I'm going to use my 1.5" strips and squares that have been piling up for years, seldom leaving their bin.
So glad these will all find a home, finally! The Quiltalong is for about a year so I will be making four patches for some time. I don't know if I'll make a quilt as big as Edyta's. It tickled me that her finished quilt has vertical strips of fabric separating the pieced rows--and I have used the same fabric in at least two quilts. There are scraps of it somewhere I'll definitely want to put in. I'm planning to keep up the busy-ness of my sewing room. Clearing it all out was eye opening in a slightly overwhelming way, I must say!