- Cove is now 11 months old, has had his first haircut, cut another tooth for a total of 5, and decided two Mondays ago to just start walking. His father said, "Not walking, 1:00 pm. Walking, 1:05 pm".Here he is watching Papa play guitar last Sunday. Cove also got to bang on the piano for the first time, which he really enjoyed. So glad they live close by so we can see them often. Hard to believe he is mere weeks from being a one year old. Babies do grow so fast!
- Since getting all the blocks finished for Winding Ways, I've been working on another overdue project, a baby quilt for my daughter's friend.
Just before bedtime the other night I got this close to finishing the last seam of ten strip sets before running out of bobbin thread. Doh!
- Time flies when I play with Pinterest on my desktop, so I haven't downloaded the app to my phone--I'm afraid I'd waste even more time with it there! I did copy a pinned idea for a holiday display for my winter decor.
My votives aren't silvered like theirs, but the pinecones are sugared and sparkly. I like it.
Poinsettias are still in bloom in my backyard so I left my runner on display with the pinecones.
- Traffic rant: People who pause their cars before going up a steep, curved freeway onramp, as if they are riding horseback and have to let their mount gather its strength to climb a hill. You're driving with hundreds of horsepower, people! Get on with it!
- I saw a license plate frame today that said, "I'm still hot. It just comes in flashes now".