Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Timber Quilt Finish

Lots of folks are listing their finished quilts for the year--I came up with a minimum of 9 finished quilts for 2016, but in searching my blog to make the list, realized I never showed my finished version of the Timber Quilt.  It was completed in April and hand delivered to the recipients by the parents of the bride, soon afterwards.

Timber is a pattern by designer Alison Glass.  I started it as a wedding gift prior to the couple's wedding in October 2015, but obviously it didn't get done in time.  The pattern, though complex, was dead on with measurements and all of my sections came together easily.  I sneaked in two red geese to symbolize the "heart" of the quilt, something of a trademark for me.

I ended up making the lap sized version of the pattern.  I quilted it with a walking foot, copying the cover quilting which had mirror image spacing of the lines from the center. 

For the backing I found this brownish print.  My daughter asked me why I chose it--and I told her because it was another neutral color--
--and I liked the fool the eye perpendicular wavy stitching line :)


 It crinkled up nicely after its first bath. 
I think they liked it! 

6 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

Timber is fantastic! Love the backing fabric and the quilt hug!

carol fun said...

That quilt is FABULOUS!!! And I'm totally impressed with the quilting... perfect for this quilt. The recipients certainly seem happy and that is the icing on the cake, isn't it?

Kate said...

A beautiful finish!

Sherrill said...

Those lucky kids to get such a beautiful quilt!! It turned out gorgeous and hopefully they'll take good care of it!

Stephanie D said...

Nice quilt! It looks like a Native America design. The couple looks as if they really love it!

Tanya said...

I do so love that Timber quilt!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...