Over the weekend I got through prepping the backings and tops for two quilts, the UFO picks for January and this month. I set up a table on risers in the garage and both were spray basted, a process that involved a great deal of walking around the table, pulling and clamping, and smoothing, as every quilter knows. There was also some swearing, as I once again proved my advanced ability to bungle MATH for quilts by shorting the batting, and also drifting one layer crookedly despite multiple measuring tape checks. Sigh. I'll just show the one that came out well, lol.
Thank goodness my sister Kathy had brought over another can of 505 spray the day before, as I ran out of my can on the very LAST section I needed to spray of the second quilt. Isn't that typical? No quilting has begun as yet, but soon!
The last stitches were taken for the border of this cross-stitch UFO. There are some small pomegranate motifs to add to each corner and very few detail stitches to the center and this will be finished. I did struggle a little with the border as the number of stitches in the side borders is different from the top and bottom. Nothing a little unpicking and restitching couldn't fix. Love it!
DD Erica sent this photo of the finished Star-Crossed quilt in its new home. She included the rug that inspired the colorway, and I think it looks great with the pillows I made her several years ago. I've asked for full length quilt photos when she gets a chance.
And now, some grand-baby spam.
Hunter and big brother Cove playing in Hunter's crib a few weeks ago. They will have their shared birthday later this month. Can't stop time from making them older, but love spending any minute we can with these darling grandsons. Hunter is not yet walking, but may in the next few weeks. He's a really fast crawler, though :)
Finally, I must apologize for doubling the photo of the Venice scene art quilt in nearly consecutive posts. #mindlikeasteeltrap I do really admire that quilt a lot!