Tuesday's Orts--March version
Tuesday's Orts--bits and pieces of thoughts and events that land here occasionally.
- Our family recently wrapped up four straight weeks of birthdays for five people. Oh, and our wedding anniversary was in there too. Whew, that was a lot of eating!
- In our medical office my least favorite patient is a WALK IN. Especially when they ask for five or six things other than the "emergency" reason they thought couldn't wait for an appointment. Grrrr!
- Does this happen to anyone else? All my shoes seem to have worn out at once. And I can't find new ones I like.
- Traffic Rant: I approached a four way stop in a neighborhood recently only to sit there dumbfounded when a large pickup truck's driver blew through it at a high rate of speed from the opposite direction, not even looking at all. Scary!
- Perusing the Help Wanted ads in the newspaper today, I came across the job title "Open Area Technician" for the Parks and Recreation department. I can't decide if that means picking up trash or policing picnickers.
- I love the Reader View for websites, don't you? I can barely wait for the web page to load enough so I can hit that option.
- Saint Patrick's Day is almost here and I dressed up my living room for the occasion--actually I did it last week when I hosted Bunco.
Well, they have bunnies in Ireland, surely? I couldn't resist this adorably alert carrot-packing guy at Michael's. He was ridiculously overpriced but I had a coupon. He'll hang around through Easter.
Here's a more traditional display on the lawyer's bookcase. The Oxalis stand-in for shamrocks was also overpriced but I wanted something live. Not that my black thumb will mean it lasts very long. I pieced the shamrock mini quilt some years ago and still love it.