Sunday, March 12, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching

Since fin-al-ly completing the Poinsettias and Pomegranates, I've been without a cross-stitch project.  I remembered a small pamphlet by Lizzie Kate that I had intended to stitch up for a long time...

If you notice the date on the price tag, it has been waiting patiently for 12 years .   I know I bought this May Stamp Flip It on a trip to Missouri in April 2005 but not the shop name--it was somewhere out in the country, possibly in Illinois.  I wasn't blogging in those days so can't check back :)   The project sample is made in a hand dye, I believe, but I am using DMC.  I substituted for a couple of the colors I don't have; one was the birdhouse roof; I chose a brighter blue closer to the cover.  

As Kathy recommended, I did some stitching while stretched out on the bed with lovely sunshine streaming in, recovering from losing an hour of sleep.  Linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching.

6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Fun photo...12 years eh? Don't rush into anything! LOL
Hope you enjoyed your stitching today!

Janet O. said...

LOL--I've had a couple of cross-stitch patterns I have hung onto since I got rid of my boxes of cross stitch magazines and patterns. I am determined to make them--they are both replicas of vintage samplers. Let's see, I gave up cross-stitch back in 1989, I believe, but I still tell myself I will make those samplers one day. I can dream, can't I?

Denise :) said...

I have a cross-stitch pattern I purchased several years ago -- along with the necessary floss -- for when I finished my pineapple quilt. (It's a pineapple hospitality pillow I thought would look pretty with the quilt.) I finally finished the quilt two years ago -- so there's no telling how old the cross-stitch pattern actually is! Perhaps it's time to get that out?! Have fun stitching/playing with your new (old) pattern! :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I haven't cross-stitched in a very long time. Hand stitching, slowly, however can be such a luxurious indulgence from time to time. Enjoy!

time4stitchn said...

Love seeing your progress as well. You have so many neat projects from cross stitch to quilting. And I love that cutie's smile you posted. Grandchildren are the best. I have 2 about the same ages.

Kate said...

Very cute! I'm hoping to get to some hand stitching this weekend.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...