On my design floor today is a baby quilt I'm making. It's for my daughter's friend and she requested a more minimalist design. I showed the fabrics a couple of posts ago, but hadn't chosen a background. That required a shopping trip, so after work Friday I headed to the local fabric store, and pulled a few bolts.
I loved this text print the best, but DD thought it was too busy.
She also didn't choose the Grunge fabric in white.
Thumbs up was given to the solid pink Kona (Flesh). It's a warmer toned very light pink. I washed and ironed everything and got cutting and sewing Sunday. Since, as usual, I deviated from the pattern (Signed, Sealed, Delivered, APQ mag April 2017), I made a cheat sheet for the pieces I needed. Cutting was pretty simple and I got right to piecing.
The chisel-shaped pieces required marking, slicing, and trimming, and I wish I could have figured a way to skip that step, but there weren't that many to do, after all. Before I knew it, all the block pieces were ready to be laid out.
I lucked out in getting these two colors since I love that green and had plenty of scraps. If the crayon had been pink or blue I'd have had a more difficult time! I sliced and diced and cobbled together enough slabs for a 12.5" block. Making fabric takes time, but it's kinda fun. I keep chunks and strips in a separate scrapbook drawer tower and it's surprising how often I dip into them for something.
See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.