Sunday, August 5, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching--8/5/18

After a long session this morning going through my MIL's photos--we are still trying to reduce the storage unit to zero--I put some stitches in the Adornit embroidery project I've been working on for a few months.  


Getting very close! Only a bit of yellow left in the flower center.  The pattern calls for the center of the flower to be a pink heart, a color I may or may not choose.  I've already changed a few colors along the way!  Grandson Cove was oh-so-helpful getting out threads and using a nail cutter to test out the colors for me, when I babysat the other day.  4 1/2 year olds are very persistent :)

Next will be completing the Chinese/Japanese lanterns on the Sue Goes to the Orient mini quilt.  I didn't try to get that one going while entertaining a grandson.  At our County Fair I saw a dish cloth that I might adapt to my project. 
Mine will all be in black on the string, but I like the lines across the lanterns. 

See more Slow Sunday Stitching on Kathy's  Quilts blog here

3 comments:

Karrin Hurd said...

I love your Adornit stitchery! Lovely stitching!

Julierose said...

Loving Sue in the Orient--so cute..nice work hugs, Julierose

Janet O. said...

Both pieces you are working on are very cute.
I love the look of embroidery. I guess I am just not patient enough to do much of it. :)

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...