Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Three for September, and Log Cabin Loonies

This morning I pulled out the next Three for September project, wherein I am working on one WIP for three days at a time, then switching to another.  I snagged the Garden Pinwheel flimsy from the depths of the coat closet where it has hung for an age. 

Would you look at that?   I had to laugh at the saggy plastic hanger, so pitiful!  And, hey, I already made the binding... 
...and the backing!  I have no recollection of constructing this back, but am happy to see it.  At lunch time I dug out the old plastic project box from the depths of the Hoosier cabinet. Fortunately I am in that cabinet often enough to know the fabrics I set aside for the leaves were in there. 

The quilt pattern sheet came in a magazine solicitation and that inspired the pinwheels I made.  You can see that a bias vine was part of the detail and that is where I stalled.  The Accuquilt GO cutter and Alex Anderson's Pomegranate die (which I specifically bought a few years ago for this project) were fished out after dinner, and I started adhering fabric pieces to sheets of Steam a Seam 2.  

I have not yet decided if I want the leaves to extend the length of the borders, or stop short as in the inspiration pattern.  There are lots of green scraps to cut and play with.  

Speaking of scraps, today is the link up for Log Cabin Loonies on JulieK's blog.  I am up to 20 finished blocks now. 
I've already shared this photo on Lori's Humble Quilts Facebook page, and on Instagram.  My plan is for a total of 80 blocks to made a nice couch quilt.  So fun to play with all the colors in the scrap boxes!

7 comments:

AnnieO said...

send to email

loulee said...

Well you have plenty to keep you busy. Loving the vine.

Julierose said...

Love your Log Cabins--so scrappy and pretty...nice work on these--hugs, Julierose

Loris said...

You are making great progress! That Accuquilt pomegranate die looks interesting.

Louise said...

All my plastic hangers did that, too! I had to switch to metal ones for UFOs. They're heavier than you think :)

Kate said...

You've made great progress with the leaves. Very fun log cabin blocks. You'be been really busy in your sewing room this month.

Preeti said...

Love your log cabin blocks. The fiery centers warm the heart.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...