Monday, March 4, 2019

Three For March--next pick

Three for March challenge continues.  This morning the random number draw was #9, which is the Greenpiece BOM from 2010.  This poor project has languished for so many years, it has sadly been on numerous UFO busting lists over the years, including the Three for September challenge last fall!  It is so old that I don't have any photos of it on my phone. 


I have finished all the pieced blocks, the pieced triangle borders, and many of the wool applique blocks.  Goal for three days is to finish up a few more wool blocks, like this one, which only needs some small details stitched. 


I doubt much will be accomplished in the next two days, what with work, my sister coming over tonight for a sewing machine and visiting, and a family birthday dinner tomorrow night for youngest daughter, Erica.   But there will be time in the mornings and at lunch to get some stitches in.  



Some stars and stripes in the watermelon have been cut out for many years, ready to stitch for the crow to yell about!

Thanks for all the compliments on my Go Four It quilt top--it was a major accomplishment and I'm so pleased to have a good result. 

3 comments:

Barb said...

Have fun with your sister, nothing like sew time with the sis!

Mcirishannie f/k/a quilt til you wilt said...

No rest for the weary! Good luck in this one

Janet O. said...

Are you finding it hard to jump back into this project? It is lovely to me, but I haven't had it stashed away for almost 10 years. :)
Your wool applique looks beautifully done. Good luck with your progress on it!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...