Saturday, March 16, 2019

Three for March--Pick #6

I picked the next project number to work on for three days, this is #1, Jewels in the Curio.  The last time this quilt appeared on the blog was during my Three for September challenge, when these blocks became a top. 


These Jewel Box blocks made it to the first border stage by October.  I am not a big fan of borders but they do make quilts larger faster :)


I have since sewn together three of the pieced border side sections and have one more to complete. The second of the plain borders has already been cut and sewn, ready to measure and trim to size after the pieced borders are on.  This is a Moda Bakeshop pattern by Jo of Jo's Country Junction.  I may have some yardage large enough for this twin size quilt, will have to see. Off to sew!

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Making a quilt larger, faster--BINGO! :)
You are impressive in the progress you make on your UFOs with your three day focus.

Kate said...

Oooh pretty! I hate adding borders too, they always take longer then you think they should.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...