Monday, November 25, 2019

Design Wall Monday, HST play

See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.

On my design floor is a class project.  Just before leaving on our Sewtopia trip, I learned my name came off the waiting list for a fellow guild member's class the weekend following our trip.  I had no time to prep for the class prior to Sewtopia--had not even picked out fabric--but we were instructed to come to class with half-square triangles already made.  I rummaged around in the sewing room and came across a package of precut Kona Snow triangles, and a pack of Moda Slices in solids of mostly blues/greens.  I added the copper toned solid length I bought in Seattle at Dry Goods Design.  


Since the triangles were of different sizes and makers, I chose to save the precut 90 degree corner, and trim 2.5" off the larger triangle, so that it could be used for something else--possibly binding.

Such pretty colors.  


We sliced and inserted--our tablemate had nearly the same insert color that I had, though my blocks were a lot smaller, about 6".  She had brought a vinyl tablecloth for a design board, it worked great tucked around a picture hung on the wall.


My sister's blocks were the largest of anyone's at 15"! She used a fat quarter stack of Guicy Guice prints she had hoarded for awhile and didn't want to cut small.  Most people used blocks about 9.5" We had a grand time sewing and I finished 12 blocks. 

I think this would make a nice tablerunner.  I have 13 more HSTs to  play with, with a purple print to insert.  

Now I really must finish the Newlywed's Dreamcatcher quilt before I start anything else new...though the fat quarter stack of Christmas fabrics I got as a door prize from Sewtopia is going to look great made up in the Meadowland pattern I bought...it sure is a lot of fun to start new quilts!

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

Very fun looking blocks. Was there a pattern to follow in the inserting, or is it just random?

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...