Monday, June 15, 2020

Design Wall Monday--Baby Quilt Finishes

I'm late to Design Wall Monday, but there are lots of great posts already linked on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog for enjoyment.

There was a lot of binding finished since the last post.  I completed four baby quilts for Philanthropy donation for Guild. 


I forgot to take photos of the bound quilts and had a fellow guild member take a few after I dropped them at her place. 
Pink binding for the girly cupcake and ice cream parlor quilt...

Pezzy Print in black and white for the farm animals. 


Speckled aqua for the X-Plus block quilt.

I pulled out another unfinished guild project and scrapped a larger  Houndstooth quilt for a baby sized one.  I had to do some block unstitching to include additional colors, and a little bit of trimming of the pieced blocks, but in a couple of hours the top was finished.

I made the blocks with 10" and 5" cut squares in reverse colorways, paired and stitched on either side of a drawn line down the center, and then cut apart.  There was a pile of already trimmed striped blocks at 9.5" and that sped things up a bit.  Jenny Doan of Missouri Quilt Co has a different method starting with 5" precuts and yardage to make the striped blocks, but I like these big ones which make a quilt with far fewer blocks.


This subtle print fools the eye, right?  This should quilt up fast with likely some channel stitching.  I have some bright plaid print fat quarters for the backing.  These are going to a Mom and Baby exercise class, which hopefully will be able to meet someday again soon. 

..And that leads me to the countdown for our next grandson, who is now 10 weeks from arriving!  We also heard the news that he will be getting three more cousins later this year, identical twin girls arriving in December via our nephew and his wife, and a boy cousin from our daughter-in-law's sister and her husband.  Happy news to celebrate is a very good thing!

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

You and another blogger put me to shame with the way you are always putting out baby quilts for good causes. I thought I would finally join in several months ago. Got the top as far as needing the outer border and it halted. Kudos to you for the work you do with the baby quilts!
How exciting to have new little ones coming--and it is always fun when they have cousins similar ages!

Tanya said...

Only 10 more weeks! Lucky you! We got some good news too but we have 27 weeks to wait! I'd better get sewing!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...