Monday, June 8, 2020

Design Wall Monday--New Blogger and Binding

Design Wall Monday comes around again.  See more design wall's on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. 

Amid all the world's problems, small frustrations seem to get amplified while "hunkering down".  Blogger now forcing all of us to move to the new platform by the end of June is one of them.  I previously had tried the new platform but did not care for Google Photos.  Their editing choices were far less broad and did not allow me to do what I wanted.  I am continuing to use Picasa but don't know if that will be permitted.   Here's my first try:


Usually when I upload photos, they are small but I can click to make them larger before saving the blogpost; I was able to drag the image to a larger size in New Blogger.  These little blocks were made from cutoffs of the Summer Breeze quilt last shown on 5/18/2020.  I decided to make a doll quilt for guild donation--do you like my heart block?  The plain strips are 1-3/4 inch so these are little blocks. 


Yesterday was an all binding day.  I took this pic after I had attached the binding on the tablerunner on the left.  Quilting the tablerunner was a late night exercise.  I originally started quilting with a three-step stitch that I frequently use, but after several diagonal passes felt it was too small and busy and ripped it out.



New Blogger won't let me adjust the size of this photo, but you can see the ghost of the stitches.


Another quilt that got binding was the Jewel Box quilt I got back from David's Quilting early last month.   I am going to hand stitch this binding down, but the others were machine done.  New Blogger is not allowing this one to enlarge either.  Sigh.

Going to hit post!



5 comments:

loulee said...

I'm not sure what to make of new blogger either. I tried it, then went back to old blogger. Guess I'll be trying again!
You've had a busy time of it as always, with lots of lovely pergress.

Loris said...

Lovely quilt progress! I have ignored the whole thing about the new Blogger so I will surely be in for some 'surprises'!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

New blogger takes some getting used to, it gave me fits at first too. There is a drop-down box for you to adjust photo sizes, if you right-click on your photo you'll see margin justification and a pencil logo, click on that and you'll be able to edit your photo size there.

Love your doll quilts; wishing you great success with your binding marathon.

Tanya said...

I haven't tried out the new blogger yet. It takes so much for me to get used to new digital things. Sigh.

Janet O. said...

Everything I read about new blogger has me nervous, but I guess I will try my next post in it.
Love that cute little doll quilt. Great use of leftovers.
I can usually only handle attaching one binding at a time. You are amazing.
That was a lot of stitching to unpick!
I like the quilting design on your jewel box quilt--very pretty!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...