Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Piecing for Peace

Piecing is my favorite part of quilting, like most quilters, I think!  Lori of Humble Quilts is having a quiltalong that is short and sweet, called 50 Shades of Brown.  My Civil War scrap box had a thorough rummage for browns and lights, with a few colored pieces of blue and pink for this recreation of an antique. 

It was a fun little diversion and I await the final border instructions next week.  

Months ago I cut out pieces for a Plaidish Quilt (free tutorial on Kitchen Table Quilting here) and turned to that project box for some scrappy happy play.  My version is a 6x8 setting.  I started with just a few of the light blocks.

 Sew much fun!  I needed 12 of these for my setting and sewed them up between telemedicine visits. 

It was so fun to see the blocks come together.  I moved on to the dark blocks right away. 


I need 12 for my setting so have another set to sew tomorrow.  The last set is 24 medium blocks and I can look forward to plenty of piecing time with those. 

Leader-ender Easy Breezy blocks are slowly building as well (Bonnie Hunter/Quiltville). 

About 30 are finished and I have multiple sets of precut scraps ready to go under the needle.  The scraps never seem to stop being generated--I'll keep piecing them for my sanity :)

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Those plaid blocks are really nice! I love the dark set! Do you have your computer for telemedicine work set up next to your sewing machine?

Karen said...

Pink and brown is a favorite color combo for me in quilt making. Expecially in reproduction quilt making.

Sherrill said...

I've seen the plaidish quilt in a few places and always think it's so pretty! You've got a great start to yours. I'm not one for the smaller quilts--tiny pieces are my downfall but I like a lot of them. It'll be fun to see how this one comes along.

Kate said...

You've got some fun and pretty projects in the works. I really like your Pladish blocks. Happy stitching this weekend.

Angie said...

I love both of your projects! I have had the Plaidish Quilt rolling around in my mind for ages, as well as just a large, HST quilt...neither of which have I been able to make myself start on. I haven't been able to get myself to actually cut and piece anything since my husband died last February. Surely, the urge to actually do some piecing will return soon, I hope. I miss it.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...