Monday, October 5, 2020

Design Wall Monday--10/5/2020

 It's the first Design Wall Monday of October.  See more Design Walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. 

Hard to believe we are rounding the turn to the holiday season. I've continued to play with scraps and got all the Plaidish blocks completed over the weekend.  What a fun exercise it was. Luckily my pressing plan seems to have worked out with the final set of "medium" blocks so everything will nest as the blocks are arranged. The Plaidish quilt is a free tutorial/pattern from Kitchen Table Quilting, here.


You can see my color piles at the bottom of the photo.  The final block has both light and dark sashing pieces and that is what really makes the plaid appear in the quilt.  


The green calico print in this block used to be on the walls of our girls' room decades ago.  It still pops up from the scrap bins now and then!  I bought many yards of it to line the top half of their walls, using cornstarch wallpaste I made myself. 


Stacks of all three blocks ready for layout.  Looking forward to a lot of bending and switching of blocks for placement, I will try not to overthink it as there are many repeats of colors and fabrics. 

We had a socially distanced visit with our new grandson's other grandparents over the weekend.  It was very very foggy down near the ocean where they live, but with the patio heaters overhead, we were warm and toasty. 


Papa was eye to eye with Dane while his parents were caught in the reflection on the window.  So sweet to see them often!

5 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Plaid-ish is turning out so great!! and the baby!! how fun -glad you could all meet up!

LA Paylor said...

I like your sewing and the wee baby is adorable being adored in that picture!
LeeAnna

Janet O. said...

I am liking what I see so far with those blocks. I can't wait to see the effect when they are all laid out.
Such a precious photo of Papa and Dane, with the shadow of the parents in the background.

Tanya said...

That plaid quilt is going to be just beautiful. Thanks for the link!

Quiltpiecer said...

Love the plaid-ish scraps and can't wait to see it finished. Scrap quilts are my favorites. Precious baby!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...