Monday, February 22, 2021

Design Wall Monday--A Finished Top

 It's Design Wall Monday.  See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. 

The Greenpiece BOM is a finished top at last.  I sewed the last border sections on with only some difficulty, namely that I trimmed before I should have and had to add an extra piece to the bottom border.  Then I sewed the bottom border on upside down.  Sigh.  Directional print...

So satisfying to see it all together at last. 

I love the way the border picks up so many of the block colors. 

The join I had to make in the bottom corner blends in pretty well from a distance...

...and is just a little more noticeable closer up. 

Lots of leftover fabrics from each month's kits will go into the scrap bins and fat quarter drawers.  I will have to purchase backing but plan to send this out to be professionally quilted.  

Mini has been waiting a long time for the Greenpiece quilt box to be emptied, LOL!

9 comments:

Cindy Quilts said...

Your quilt is beautiful. I love the colors and that border fabric is gorgeous! Love the kitty in the box, too :)

Joyful Quilter said...

I think we all have one of "those" borders. Your quilt turned out beautiful! The border really does add the finishing touch.

Robin said...

What a lovely finish! The border really accents the center and makes everything shine.

Janet O. said...

So beautiful, Annie!
Of course, there had to be an "upside down" moment along the way.
I think you did a great job piecing the floral.
You should be so proud of this--I think you must be. :)

Barb said...

wow! congratulations on this fabulous finish.
The colors are lovely

Judy Hansen said...

The border and the blocks go together so well. Good piecing of the border - had to hunt to find where you had pieced it. Beautiful quilt!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your Greenpiece finish is beautiful -- what an accomplishment! Your applique is just exquisite. And seeing your kitty taking up residence in the project box reminds me of a picture book we had when I was little, "My Cat Likes to Hide in Boxes!" :-)

Kate said...

Absolutely gorgeous! It looks almost painted rather than done with fabric. Congrats on a beautiful finish.

Tanya said...

It is a masterpiece! Love that border fabric!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...