The well-aged Greenpiece BOM is THIS CLOSE to being a finished top. I got the assembled flange pieces cut to width and length of the quilt center and sewed them on with a scant 1/4" as directed.
The top and bottom flanges overlap the first border. My sliver trimming of the extra triangles on the pieced first border section shown several posts ago definitely was the right call, as with the addition of the outer border pieces there would have been 5 layers in parts of that seam! Next I pressed the outer border fabric that has been folded in its protective plastic sleeve all these years. I never noticed until now that the fabric was designed by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts. So pretty!
This was when she was designing for Moda, she has been with Andover the past few years.
The binding, lengthwise side border, and top and bottom border pieces were all cut, and I made the binding right away. The border pieces will get assembled and sewn on likely on Saturday, as we have a family dinner tomorrow for Mom's birthday. My husband plans to stay home as he has not been vaccinated yet and is frequently out in public for work, though he wears a mask and sanitizes constantly--his COVID shot is next week.
I got out of the house for a bit on Tuesday afternoon when I went to donate blood. Afterwards I drove down to the harbor, intending to get out and walk a bit, but it was very very windy. I noticed tons of birds flying around near the harbor mouth around what I first thought was a fishing boat. Upon pulling into a parking lot, I realized it was actually a large sand dredge. Our harbor is man-made and therefore periodically requires dredging, which can go on for months.