Monday, August 16, 2021

Design Wall Monday--8/16

Design Wall Monday comes around again.  See more Design Walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. 

I measured and cut, sewed and sewed, and the first Double The Plus top is complete. 

This is not the most beautiful pic as I could only shove the dining room table so far--and the top needs a good press with the iron--but I am happy with the way it came out.  The Emily Dennis pattern is two sided, with the opposite colorway on the back of the quilt.  I've got all the white side's blocks made, just need to cut the sashing and borders and get them on.  The hard part is going to be lining up both sides equally into the quilt sandwich. 😬


Our daughter Elaine and family spent a few days up at Bass Lake.  Grandson Cove caught his first fish!  Little brother and older cousin approved :)  School starts next week, so it was the last hurrah for summer vacationing. I got to see the youngest grandson multiple times over the weekend--so great to have them living close by.  Our son and family even road bikes to our house for a visit!

I took a sunset walk on the pier Sunday evening and it was gorgeous out--windy but not cold. 


The moon was out and so were lots of folks strolling and quite a few fishermen still throwing out lines. 

Just a beautiful night.  I bought myself a fish taco dinner to eat at home.  Great end to the weekend!

4 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love your quilt, it's beautiful! Nice to spend time with family, and having them close by.

Preeti said...

Such a lovely day with beautiful pictures. Your grands are so adorable!!!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your Plus quilt looks great and it looks like you had a wonderful summer vacation with your family. Those memories and photos are priceless -- seems like just the other day my sons were that size, and now I'm moving them both off to college!

Tanya said...

Ah, the beach looks wonderful! A first fish is always memorable!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...