Sunday, August 15, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching--New Old Project

Slow Sunday Stitching.  See more posts on Kathy's Quilts blog.  

Most of my time has been spent on the assembling the current quilt with a deadline, but I needed to pick another embroidery project to enjoy when not at the sewing machine.  I chose from the WIPs-- how saintly, no? 


Poinsettias and Pomegranates are some of my favorite botanicals.  I finished stitching the pin keep some time ago (2 years maybe?) and have the scissor weight to finish.  I wish I had not centered the larger pin keep in the top third of the linen--there will be a lot of waste. These are so cute and may be a good snall project to take along to Sewtopia to finish with backing and stuffing.  

My Poinsettia bushes in the backyard are looking good. When the nights cool off in October or so, the top leaves will turn red.  The Plumeria bush only had a couple of branches produce flowers this year.

Their fragrance is so sweet.  Speaking of botanicals, we are so proud of our surrogate daughter whose recent completion of a Master's Degree in Botany has earned her a wonderful position at the Santa Barbara Botanic Gardens.  Shout out to Christy--Bravo!  Christy and our daughter Erica met on the first day of school in 4th grade and have been best pals ever since. 

5 comments:

Kim said...

It sounds as if Christy has found herself the perfect position. How fabulous to work all day, surrounded by the botanical beauty at the Santa Barbara Botanic Gardens. Well done to her! Your plumeria (we call it frangipani here) looks beautiful. They truly do have the sweetest scent, don't they. Enjoy your slow stitching. Such a sweet design.

CathieJ said...

I love your stitching. What a beautiful flower.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

This is such a sweet little stitch. And your flowers are just beautiful . Congratulations to Christy on her completion of her degree and her new position. How exciting. Have a wonderful week and happy stitching.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love this. I have recently picked cross stitch back up, I've even joined a stitching group that meets monthly and they've converted me to stitching on linen (over two); there's something so calming and centering about settling down with handwork, I love what you're working on. Congrats to Christy!

Tanya said...

Sounds like such a neat place to work!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...